I’m still getting my head around the new Facebook timeline functionality and how this can be used for brand advantage, but thankfully there are two great SlideShare posts that can get you up to speed quickly and inspire some new ideas.
01# Marketer’s guide to facebook timeline: Tips for brands and marketers. Ben Grossman from Jack Morton talks through the key facebook changes and how to take advantage of them. Key highlights and tips:
- One engaging post per day is ideal
- Emphasis on visualization is best practice. Visually engaging posts get x2 the engagement. So consider a vibrant cover image [see below] and appealing pictures for posts.Engagement of facebook is greatest between 9pm to 10pm
- The cover image is your ‘first welcome’ to a user – so use the right imagery to keep them connected. Image needs to be 810 pixels wide (851 x 315)
- Update the cover image regularly.
- Posts between 100-250 words have 60% more likes than larger posts
- Highlight ‘what matters’ such as key events, campaigns and acknowledgements
- Story telling through milestones. Use create milestones to create a visual history of the brand
- Review and manage your new user control settings to protect your brand
02# 50 branded Facebook cover photos. Digital Marketing Director, Bulent Keles, shares 50 visually inspiring profile pages from the likes of Mercedes, Sony, Dyson, Lego, Armani, Chelsea Football Club, Ben & Jerry and MIT. Great stimulation to reevaluate what can be achieved from one profile image. http://www.slideshare.net/bulentkeles/50-branded-facebook-cover-photos